Monday, November 19, 2012

And the winner is...






And the winner of my first-ever blog contest is...

Flurrious!  

"My favorite unusual holiday is ... today! Today is Pocky Day! (Also today is Veterans Day, but there's no snack associated with that.)"


I haven't had Pocky in ages!  Pocky is a snack that does not need to be doctored up but in case you  feel like baking something else, you have 365 recipes to try (and 365 or so new holidays to celebrate).

Flurrious is the author of a hilarious blog that often has food-related posts, so I suggest you check it out.  She recently answered all of the 'NaBloPoMo' questions of a challenge designed to help bloggers blog daily...in a single day...so it seems fitting that she is rewarded with a book that celebrates the equally daunting challenge of baking a cookie a day.

I know from reading Flurrious' blog that she isn't a 'daily baker' but there are also cookies in this book which use mixes and are actually 'creative assemblies' of existing cookies, so once again the book has something for everyone.

Send me your address (home address or P.O. is fine) at:

heartofglass21@aol.com

or

pagones721@gmail. com


And of course, for all non-winners, you can pick up a hardcover or Kindle version at Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. This now makes me two-for-two in people's blog giveaways. I am going to start entering ALL the things to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @flurrious--the best blog giveaway I ever saw was a stand mixer--perhaps you should try to find one, to make it three in a row! I would love to give away a KitchenAide but first I need one of my own...

    ReplyDelete